Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A good morning

Today started with one of those mornings that makes you pause and give thanks for the beautiful world around you.

I start every morning in the field, working among the veggies against a backdrop of distant blue mountains. This morning, the peaks of the mountains were covered in storm clouds, while the foothills were glowing in the morning sun. Gorgeous. As I harvested wing beans and red chilies and Chinese cabbage, I felt very close to the mountains. I felt very thankful for my time at ARI.

The pictures don't do justice to the morning light, but here are a few anyway:



Now time for breakfast - itadakimasu!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! I undersand what you mean, my pictures never do HK justice either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we are currently in the same country our situations could not be more different. You see mountains and wonderful grass. I see buildings and sometimes trees. I miss running in some grass that is for sure. I am totally engulfed in Japanese culture with little or no other cultures interweaving. So interesting how we are having totally different experiences and are only hours apart.

    ReplyDelete